Monday, April 26, 2010

running

This past saturday I participated in a 6 mile walk called march of dimes. The purpose of march of dimes is to raise money for improving the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. It was great to see thousands of people support this great cause.

A couple of weeks prior to the walk I had the urge to get into running. I haven't ran long distances since training for football back it high school but I wanted to give it a shot. I want to run in a 5k to start off, hopefully move up to a half marathon. I was talking to a friend who just recently completed her first marathon and she told me the feeling that she had when she completed was something so great she couldn't explain it. I told her that I don't ever see myself ever doing a full marathon but she told she didn't either and not to think like that.

I found the first race I wanted to do. It's called Race for the Arts 2010 in Sacrament. It is a 5k on August 28, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. OMG DO IT BESTEST!! I hated running like the plague and could have never ever imagined myself running a year ago.

    I ran a 5k in April and that was a huge step for me. The runner's high is soooo legit. I just feel better, mentally and physically you know? There's also something highly rewarding about setting goals for yourself and accomplishing them. Kind of addicting...haha

    I'm glad you got a blog!! Whoooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant believe I just now stumbled upon your Blog Mr. Lagman.

    I had a grrrrrreat time with you and Miss. Chona on this 6-mile walk.
    The walk wasnt bad at all and we had the best gossip/talks/life analysis ever.
    Like I said, there is nothing impossible and I totally learned that thru my running/marathon experience. No one..not even yourself can say you are not capable of doing something.
    To start, just get on the trail and start with 1-mile at a time and slowly increase your miles as you go. The key is just continue to push yourself and know your limits.

    I cant wait to cross the finishline with you all one of these days (SOON!). Lets all do a relay marathon..so we can have each others backs.

    ReplyDelete